Tuesday, June 9, 2015

June 8, 2015

Ricardo's baptism



Hey family, this week was great we had a baptism on Saturday, Ricardo got baptized.  He will receive the priesthood this Sunday and be the only youth in the office of the Aaronic priesthood.  We were able to bring a few investigators to church on Sunday so that was good. Looks like Bri had a good time at her dance, and the graduation went well! Today we went to go eat some Birria tacos, I've got to eat all the tacos I can before I get back!!  Transfers are in two weeks but I'm pretty sure I'll be staying here, I'm good with it, I'm enjoying the branch! The few members there are make great sacrifices to serve the Lord, this last week there was only one person that came to church with a car and there were no other  priesthood holders so we had to take the tithing to the bank with the branch president but the bank was pretty far away.  The brother with the car gave us a ride to the bank but then he had to go and we walked back to the president's house, about an hour walk in the heat.  Sometimes we take for granted the little things in life, but I have learned a lot from the people here in Imperial, many of them live day to day, their worry is what they are going to eat that day. It's very humbling.  Sometimes I wish I could just build them all houses. Anyways, everything is good here, just taking advantage of the time I have left!  Thanks for everything family!  Have a great week!

Love Elder Jacob Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment